EQUIPMENT / SHOP MANAGER
• Maintain, inspect, and diagnose/repair all issues pertaining to various golf course maintenance equipment, including diesel, electric, and gasoline powered mowers/machinery and other small mechanical equipment used in golf course maintenance work.
• Communicate as well as educate golf course maintenance workers on proper operation and care of machinery.
• Prioritize and schedule equipment repair and maintenance work.
• Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
• Properly organize/manage records and budget for all equipment inventory, preventive maintenance, and cost of repairs.
• Inspecting and repairing equipment on course when needed.
• Oversees the shop area maintenance.
• Communicate the necessary purchases and repairs needed each month with superintendent.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• Working knowledge of golf course light and heavy maintenance equipment
• Working knowledge of equipment repair tools.
• Ability to read blueprints/diagnose issues/effectively repair electrical & hydraulic systems.
• Ability to move heavy objects - must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
• Working knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines in operation of area.
• Ability to grind reel mowers, and effectively setup mowing equipment to the highest standard
• Graduate of vocational technical school or post-secondary training in small engine repair or mechanics, or equivalent experience
• Preferred 3+ years as golf course Mechanic/Shop Manager
• Knowledge of general maintenance of equipment, engines, and knowledge of the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment
• MUST have experience in reel grinding, set-up, and adjustment
$70,000-$80,000 + DOE
-Continuing Education/Training Opportunities
-Paid Time Off
-Staff Lunch in Season
SEND RESUME TO:
AVAILABILITY: 10/4/21 DEADLINE: Until Filled
JOB POSTINGS ARE MANAGED BY PLAYBOOKS FOR GOLF.
CHECK THEM OUT FOR ALL YOUR CAREER & SOFTWARE NEEDS.